19 December 2008

Kadalekai Parshy - 2008

It was very good turn out of people... and interestingly amidst the numerous people..
I heard........
"yestu kobbu maga... avalige"
"edhu yella waste chinnu.. idu beda bere thegiskodtheeni baa"
"Mahajanagale... rathri 9.00 agidhe.. dayavittu manege hogi. Nimma nimma aabarana.. mobile phone.. purse galanna husharagi nodokondu hogi" --- it was brilliant
"Sikkapatte keltha iddare alli. i doubt we can work things out"
"yeddu hogoo illinda"- by police
It was indeed brilliant.. all of a sudden I see a lot of change in the way people perceive culture

1 comment:

Sleepyface said...

I don't know how I missed this when it was posted. I think this is a very important observation Guru. The original event was a celebration where the first harvest is offered to the God and the people and my guess is, to bring good luck for the rest of the season. How it has turned out to be a place of threat to the citizens and a place of oppression to the farmers is a new story in itself.

Brilliant indeed.